Ok, so we went to the RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) yesterday for our follow-up appointment. All of our tests were completed and now it was time to discuss our options. Our doctor went through all of the results of our tests with us and determined that IVF is the only option for us to have a child. There is too much scar tissue from the infection of my ruptured appendix 15 years ago. Our doctor was just as shocked as we were that my left fallopian tube was blocked. We were all hoping I would have one side to work with.
After answering a bunch of questions, our RE wanted me to do another ultrasound, because they had found a cyst on my right ovary two weeks ago (this was the first time we had heard anything about it). They wanted to check if the cyst had gotten smaller or even gone away. She said it might be too soon, but we'll take a look. After the ultrasound, our RE came in and let us know that the cyst was not gone and now there is also a cyst on the left ovary. GREAT! All of this news means that we cannot proceed yet. We have to wait another month to do another ultrasound. If the cysts are gone, then we can proceed with surgery. I will need to have surgery to tie the left fallopian tube. This will prevent the fluid from the hydrosalpinx from entering the uterus and harming a baby. After the surgery (which is an outpatient surgery) we will then have to wait 3 more months to do another HSG test (dye test) to see if the tube is in fact closed off.
4 comments:
My heart is hurting so much for you and Jason. I love you both so much. I'm praying (and have others praying) that these cysts will be completely gone. Now. Not later...but now. I pray that the outpatient surgery goes smoothly and that it is successful. It's difficult to understand God's ways and his timing...but we trust it and we know that it's perfect.
Esther, I am so sorry for you & Jason. I don't have the right words but you are both in my thoughts & prayers daily. I pray the cysts are gone & your journey to becoming a mother gets even closer!
Esther, I am so sorry for you & Jason. I don't have the right words but you are both in my thoughts & prayers daily. I pray the cysts are gone & your journey to becoming a mother gets even closer!
Esther,
Your strength, courage, and faith through this has been amazing. I know that this is a very painful time for you and Jason but I thank you for your honesty. Please know that you and Jason are engulfed in prayer and support. We will be with you every step of the way during this journey...and so is God!
Post a Comment