Have you experienced infertility? Do you know what it feels like to
want and long for a child only to be told you can't have one on your
own? It's heartbreaking. No, it's not the end of the world, and yes, it
definitely could be worse - much worse.
Did you grow up
dreaming of what your family would look like? Did you ever picture it
childless? I know some people do, but I didn't. I wanted a big family,
just like mine growing up. Never once did I even think about
infertility. People don't talk about it. WHY? We talk about all
different kinds of cancer, including breast cancer and other diseases,
but we are too ashamed to talk about not being able to have kids. We are
suffering alone.
We're alone because we won't reach
out and talk to someone who's been through it. We're alone because we're
afraid of what other people might think. We're alone because we're not
really doing life together with people who really care about us. Yes,
there are people out there who disagree with sharing personal
information and I get it. You do need to be careful about sharing
personal information with just anyone. I'm not talking about shouting
your infertility from the rooftops. I'm talking about leaning on the
Lord, first and foremost, and then I'm talking about letting other
couples who have been there encourage you and lift you up when you need
it. Let's face it, infertility sucks. I wouldn't wish it on my worst
enemy. But, hey...let's stop hiding. Why do we have to continue hurting
and feeling like nobody gets it? There are people out there that get
it, that have been there and there are people who want to be there for
you. I'm one of them!
Coming Full Circle
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment